- Alcohol: 14.5%
- pH: 3.68
- TA: 0.52 (g/100ml)
- Aging: Barrel fermented and barrel aged for 12 months
- Cooperage: 88% New oak, French oak
- Harvest Date: Hand harvested on October 5, 2017
- Release Date: July 2, 2019
- Aging Potential: 5-7 years
- Cases Produced: 125
- Vineyard Elevation: 16 ft.
This vineyard is located within the Napa Valley area of the Los Carneros appellation, which straddles both Napa and Sonoma counties. The vineyard was planted with Clone 4 and Wente Clone Chardonnay over several years starting in the mid-1990s. The heavy clay soil, warm, sunny daytime weather and the cooling marine winds from the San Pablo Bay make Carneros ideal for growing Chardonnay.
The Los Carneros appellation includes parts of both Napa and Sonoma counties. Our 3/4G Vineyard is located in the Napa Valley part of the appellation, only 16 ft above sea level. Fog and cool ocean breezes make the climate in this area cooler than the rest of Napa Valley. This moderate climate combined with heavy clay soil gives this Chardonnay its beautifully intense flavor profile.