- Alcohol: 14%
- pH: 3.75
- TA: 0.55 (g/100ml)
- Aging: Barrel aged for 18 months
- Cooperage: 25% New Oak, French and American
- Harvest Date: Hand harvested on 10.11.16
- Release Date: July 2, 2019
- Aging Potential: 10+ years
- Cases Produced: 100
- Vineyard Elevation: 1227 ft.
The Atlas Peak appellation sits high above the valley floor bordering the east side of Napa Valley. The elevation provides warm days and cooler nights during the growing season. Made up of decomposed volcanic rock, the shallow soils of Atlas Peak’s vineyards help produce small, concentrated berries that provide big tannic structure and a leaner style of Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Altas Peak appellation sits on a higher elevation which limits the effects of the cool fog coming in from the Pacific Ocean. The soil is volcanic and very porous which allows it to cool down quickly despite the increased sunlight. The significant diurnal temperature variation contributes to the balance of acidity that grapes from Atlas Peak vineyards are known to have.