Sign on & Retention Bonus for Hospitality Hosts!
Rutherford Ranch nestles in the heart of the Napa Valley. Family owned for over three generations, we take pride in our farming and the wines we grow. Immediate sign on bonus following a retention bonus at 90 days and 1 year!
Come and join our energetic and fast paced team as we define a new style of Customer Experience. We encourage left-field thinking, motivation and yes, passion. We’re looking for the right people to complement our Hospitality Team, who love creating connections with folks and who want to share in the rewards of hitting goals, growing our business and making our customers happy.
Working in a team environment, increase sales of Rutherford Ranch wines and promote brand image through outstanding customer service, education and compelling sales presentations to all winery visitors. As an ambassador represent the style and luxury image by hosting tours and events as needed an d maintain the appearance standards of the Tasting Room by monitoring and stocking all areas as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Customer Service and Promotions of Winery Programs: (80%)
• Responsible for promoting the sales, goodwill and image of Rutherford Ranch to winery visitors. Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the key customers, instilling the culture and philosophy of the company, and awareness of new buying opportunities
• Assist visitors by providing information and referrals to the Rutherford Ranch Wine Club and new vintage releases. As needed, provide additional information regarding local tourist related establishments
• Greet, assist, and communicate with visitors spontaneously, consistently and graciously for all retail and VIP reception areas
• Develop an exclusive wine buying experience for each customer by understanding and confidently articulating the individuality of the wines in each area
• Accurate and timely input of guest information into mailing list database
• Ensure that reservations are accurately recorded in the calendar
Administrative and Inventory: (15%)
• Responsible for collecting fees and maintaining financial accuracy in all transactions. Reconcile discrepancies on a daily basis and provide feedback to Accounting
• Ensure inventory and financial integrity by accurately monitoring and recording complimentary and promotional pours and bottles of wine
• Timely input of all shipping orders with follow through on the shipment by phone, fax and/or email to third party shipping company, maintain organized files of these transactions
• Monitor Tasting Room inventory and supplies levels, and alert the Purchasing and Shipping Coordinator of suggested order placements to avoid stock outs
• Keep supervisor informed of sales trends or challenges
• Maintain, update and expand knowledge of viticulture, enology by participating in related educational opportunities sponsored by the winery and outside sources
Education/Experience: High school diploma or, equivalent years of experience. Aptitude and basic understanding of sales environment in selling wine through one on one customer interaction and customer relationship marketing.
Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills and be comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Team player dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Independently motivated to recognize and resolve issues as they arise.
Knowledge: Exhibit significant understanding, desire and ability to image, promote and sell the wi nes of Rutherford Ranch.
Physical: Ability and desire to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Capacity to work on feet for at least 8 hours per day. Ability to lift, move and stack forty pounds.
Rutherford Wine Company firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now