We are family-owned and managed; and for three generations our family has been committed to earth-friendly winegrowing. "Sustainable" viticulture is not only good for the environment; it results in higher quality fruit, a prerequisite for crafting world-class wines.
We are in search of a Tasting Room Manager that will work under the guidance of the Hospitality Director. This position is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the winery’s consumer direct sales programs. Specific responsibilities includes developing and directing marketing efforts to increase tasting room customers, managing tasting room operations and wine club promotion. The position is also responsible for coordinating all aspects of the winery visitor relations programs. The visitor relations programs include trade and public tastings, tours and hospitality events.
· Develop annual and long range plans to increase tasting room traffic and wine club members
· Proactively develop creative solutions to achieve overall hospitality objectives.
· Effectively manage all aspects of a customer’s tasting room experience
· Develop and manage programs to increase and sustain Wine Club membership
· Manage the process, policies and procedures for scheduling, planning and coordinating employee, trade and hospitality events.
· Database management: Ensure the email distribution contacts list and customer database are current and up-to-date. Manage bounced emails and reach out to customers for updated contact information
· Responsible for training, scheduling and managing full and part time tasting room staff
· Responsible for the development of the retail sales forecasts. Review monthly actual compared to budget.
· Daily management of cash, maintain accurate record keeping, and balancing of daily cash and reports.
· Non wine and wine inventory management.
· Greeting and providing customer service to customers, distributors, vendors, and employees.
· Create and Coordinate seasonal phone sales programs
· Consistently achieve daily, weekly and monthly sales objectives
· Special projects for management and family members.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
· At least 3 years management experience in a high-volume luxury retail, restaurant or hospitality environment.
· Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance of the job would qualify
· Must demonstrate an understanding of effective retail customer service
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Social Media, and WineDirect software
· Excellent leadership, time management and organization skills.
· Winery tasting room management desired
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills including public speaking.
· Exceedingly strong presentation and interpersonal abilities
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.Apply Now