We are family-owned and managed; and for three generations our family has been committed to earth-friendly winegrowing. "Sustainable" viticulture is not only good for the environment; it results in higher quality fruit, a prerequisite for crafting world-class wines.
The Lead Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Interacts with: Winery owners, senior management and regional sales management, administration, retail room and marketing personnel, VP Finance, HR Manager, AP, AR, Retail Personnel and Marketing Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting department
- Assist the financial operations of subsidiary companies
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the family
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the family
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Able to sustain a fast workplace, meet deadlines, and tolerates frequent interruptions and changes routine.
- Able to travel by car and airplane as needed and work some evening and weekends.
- Able to tolerate repetitive motions on an occasional basis.
- Able to read, write, spell, and speak English.
- Able to deal tactfully with customers, government agencies, other personnel, and/or the general public.
- Able to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Willingness to travel as needed, work some evenings, overnight, and weekends.
- Must be comfortable in a variety of work environments including wineries, restaurants, retail store, office and warehouses.
- Able to sit for 5 hours.
- Able to lift and carry 45lbs.
- Able to sit on an occasional basis.
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.Apply Now