We are family-owned and managed; and for three generations our family has been committed to earth-friendly winegrowing. "Sustainable" viticulture is not only good for the environment; it results in higher quality fruit, a prerequisite for crafting world-class wines.
We are in search of an HR/Admin Assistant who under general supervision, performs a variety of HR and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and programs including in the areas of employment recruitment, workers compensation, benefits administration, classification and compensation, employee relations, and liability claims; provides information and assistance to employees and the general public regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures; prepares various correspondence and memoranda; coordinates activities related to area of assignment; and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to area of assignment.
Supervises or manages: N/A
Interacts with: Winery managers and staff and company vendors
• Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, administrative, and office support duties in support of RWC employees.
• Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; answer questions from employees regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; respond to employment verification requests, salary and benefit surveys, and other requests for information.
• Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Dept; compose correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports.
• Plan and coordinate recruitment and examinations; prepare job announcements and advertisements; notify candidates of application/employment status.
• Process personnel action forms and maintain personnel records to ensure timely performance evaluations and appropriate actions.
• Maintain personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records both digitally and hard copy.
• Explain employment benefits and general terms and conditions of employment to employees and department representatives; conduct initial new employee orientation for purposes of ensuring appropriate completion of payroll and benefits documentation.
• Prepare workers’ compensation reports; assist workers’ compensation adjuster as needed on employee claims.
• Prepare required federal and state notices and monitor time requirements regarding these entitlements.
• Perform a variety of general office support duties; make copies; maintain calendar of activities, meetings, and various events
• Perform related duties as required.
• Coordinating, accounting and reconciling the Flex 125 program
• Prepares bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for accounting
• Ongoing monthly reconciliation of billing statements to ensure accuracy and appropriate cost savings, point of contact with Accounting, Broker and benefit vendors
• Assist in bi-weekly payroll processing, help resolve payroll discrepancies with employees, accounting and Innovative Business Solutions (IBS)
• Order office supplies
• Assist in coordination of holiday event or other employee functions
• Responsible for responding to verification of employment requests and EDD unemployment claims
• Maintain contact lists
• Education: High School or equivalent GED.
• Specific Skills required: Proficient in Microsoft Office required
• Ability to read, write, spell, and speak English.
• Ability to understand basic math and accounting concepts.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions; work well under pressure and time limits.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with other staff members, vendors, customers, government agencies/personnel, and/or the general public.
• Able to communicate effectively with others on a constant professional basis.
• Able to read and write on a constant basis.
• Requires independent problem solving and the ability to work with others on a constant basis.
• Able to sustain a fast workplace, meet deadlines, and tolerate frequent interruptions and changes in routine.
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.