We are family-owned and managed; and for three generations our family has been committed to earth-friendly winegrowing. "Sustainable" viticulture is not only good for the environment; it results in higher quality fruit, a prerequisite for crafting world-class wines.
The general manager will direct and coordinate activities of the Domestic and Private Label Sales and aid the General Manager - Exports in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Supervises/Manages: VP of National Sales, VP of Private Label, Director of Marketing, Sales Analyst
Interacts with: Winery staff and outside vendors
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Review and analyze activities, costs, operations and sales execution to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the chief administrative officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements strategic planning for growing the business including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Interfaces with manufacturing and materials departments to review production and operating reports and discuss operational, manufacturing and facility challenges to best costs and prevent operational delays in meeting growth demands.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis to sales and marketing.
- Reviews and supports sales and marketing to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, company restructurings, and budgetary planning.
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to 10 years’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the wine industry.
- Excellent leadership skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills
- Self-starter who can prioritize a heavy workload
- Travel as much as 50% of the time, with occasional weekend stay.
- Work well under pressure and time limits.
- Attentive to detail oriented, responsive, professional, confident, and purposeful
- Requires independent problem solving and the ability to work with others on a constant basis.
- Able to sustain a fast workplace, meet deadlines, and tolerate frequent interruptions and changes in routine.
- Is oriented to reality and able to control own emotions.
- Can remember/recall information, instructions, safety precautions, procedures and protocols.
- Able to sit for up to 2 hours.
- Able to stand or walk on a constant basis.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and crouch on an occasional basis.
- Able to reach overhead into shelves and cabinets on a frequent basis.
- Able to lift small items weighing up to 10 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Able to carry small items weighing up to 35 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Able to tolerate repetitive motions including typewriter operation on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for writing, typing, and operating other office items, paperwork, etc.
- Able to tolerate environmental exposures typical in an office environment
- Able to share office with other employees.
Rutherford Wine Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the high volume of applications received we regret that we are unable to reply to all inquiries about this position.Apply Now